Give This Christmas Away
Announcing BRANCH OF LOVE for Christmas 2020:
You can make a real difference in a child’s life this Christmas. Think about children whose parent or parents are in the local jail. What will their Christmas be like?
The Branch of Love program provides Christmas gifts to children of those incarcerated at the local jail (The Prince William – Manassas Regional Adult Detention Center) and shares the Gospel message with Guardians.
- Gifts are limited to children through the age of 18.
- Gifts are on behalf of the incarcerated parent and the guardian has approved this.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program’s process has changed! Please call Wayne or Karen at 703-368-1303 before doing anything.
- This year, after contacting Wayne or Karen to select your child, gifts can be ordered online and shipped directly to the child’s guardian. Gifts should not be dropped off at the church!
- Information regarding available children (ID, age, and gender) may be found at this link.
- There may be an opportunity for a Sunday School class to sponsor a family (providing gifts for the family’s children and inviting the family to church).
MBC is participating with several other churches to support the Branch of Love program which is led by the local Good News Jail & Prison Ministry chaplain. Last year, with your help, the program supported 382 children (55 were supported directly by MBC).
Contact Wayne or Karen Gorsuch at 703-368-1303 for more information.